An Easy Cool Cucumber Salad Recipe With Tomatoes
This cool cucumber salad recipe takes advantage of summer's bounty with tomatoes, sweet onion, and Cheese. Dad and the kids crave this easy summer side dish.
Cool Tomato and Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar (we like 2 tblsp Modena balsamic vinegar with 1 tblsp red wine vinegar, for added flavor)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar (or Turbinado sugar for richer flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill weed (dried works, if you don't have fresh)*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, sliced or cubed (seeded, if you prefer)
- 1/2 medium white onion, sliced (Walla Walla Sweet, Vidalia, Red)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges (Roma's, or a pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half, for more fun)
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled, or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, cubed small
- In a covered jar or bowl, shake or thoroughly mix the first 7 ingredients.
- Combine the last 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture over the salad, and toss lightly. Chill for an hour. Longer, for more intense flavor. Remember to toss on occasion.
*A wonderful substitution: Fresh Basil for Dill Weed
If you have that passion for real barbecue, we will guide you to your smoking meat success with one (or all) of our great smoker recipes!
Ribs on any backyard cooker! You are just a few sure-fire steps away from barbecue rib heaven.
You want smoked tri tip like the pros cook? Our hard-learned backyard barbecue research shows you how to reap the accolades with this secret sirloin cut!
Got a grill or smoker? Barbecue chicken recipes for those of us who love that wonderful smoke flavored, moist, tender meat, with no hassle. Beer Butt Chicken is one of our gang's all-time favorites!
Our Smoked Turkey Recipe For Your Smoker is Magic! A simple, no hassle recipe for your grill or smoker.
Return from Cool Cucumber Salad Recipe to Home