An Easy Potato Salad Recipe Packed with Flavor
You're in a hurry, and you need an easy potato salad recipe that will deliver all of that classic flavor without the hassle of traditional recipes. Here's a simple favorite that never misses...
An Easy Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked well, and crumbled
- 4 lbs. Yellow Finn, new potato, red-skinned potato, white round potato, purple potato, or Yukon Gold, peeled, chopped, and cooked till tender, not mushy
- 5 green onions, diced (use the whole onion for maximum flavor)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle juice (room temperature)
- 2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- Prepare vinaigrette by mixing the pickle juice (or vinegar) with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare potatoes as described in Potato Salad Recipe Secrets; cut into 3/4" cubes. Drain thoroughly!
- While potatoes are still hot, sprinkle the vinaigrette evenly, add the onions, and toss gently until well coated. Place in refrigerator until cooled (about 1/2 hour, or more).
- Mix the sour cream and mayonnaise together, add the crumbled bacon and blend gently with the potatoes. Cover and chill for a couple of hours, or more.
- Taste! Need more salt or pepper?
- Serve. Reap the accolades!
NOTE: Food born bacteria builds rapidly in higher temperatures, so please, remember the basic safety rules for potato salad. Keep it cold! Deliver it cold, serve it cold, keep it cold. Hot summer days will rapidly raise the temperature of the salad to the danger zone of over 40°F (4.4°C). We like to serve it in a stainless steel bowl, nestled in a larger bowl (or pan) filled with crushed ice.
Whether you have a grill, or/and a backyard BBQ smoker, we will guide you to your smoking meat fame with one (or all) of our great smoker recipes!
Ribs on any backyard cooker! You are just a few sure-fire steps away from barbecue rib heaven.
You want smoked tri tip like the pros cook? Our hard-learned backyard barbecue research shows you how to reap the accolades with this secret sirloin cut!
Got a grill or smoker? Barbecue chicken recipes for those of us who want that wonderful smoke flavored, moist, tender meat, with no hassle.
Our Smoked Turkey Recipe For Your Smoker is Magic! A surefire recipe with no hassle.
Return from An Easy Potato Salad Recipe to Home