Easy, Lip Smackin' Cowboy Beans (Frijoles Ranchero , Ole!)
You want that authentic cowboy beans flavor without cooking for hours? Try our interpretation of these bbq beans that is a true crowd pleaser that will have them beggin' for the recipe.
- 1 15 oz. can pork and beans
- 1 15 oz. can pink or pinto or pinquito beans
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 1/2 lb. bacon (preferably thick cut)
- 1 4 oz. can diced chilies (fire roasted are best, think "Ortega" brand)
- 1 4 oz. can diced jalepenos (again, fire roasted if available)
- 1 smallish onion, chopped (white, yellow, purple)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (try Jack's Secret Barbecue Sauce recipe for an authentic punch!)
You can use your 6 quart slow cooker if you do not feel like tending the fire. Otherwise you can use a large dutch oven, or sauce pan.
- Cook and chop the bacon
- Combine all of the ingredients in your cooker, mix well.
- Simmer, stirring often and gently (unless you are using a slow cooker), for about 40-60 minutes, or for about 4-5 hours in your slow cooker.
- Serve 'em, reap praise!
Whether you have a grill, or/and a backyard BBQ smoker, we will guide you to your smoking meat fame with one (or all) of our great smoker recipes!
Ribs on any backyard cooker! You are just a few sure-fire steps away from barbecue rib heaven.
You want smoked tri tip like the pros cook? Our hard-learned backyard barbecue research shows you how to reap the accolades with this secret sirloin cut!
Got a grill or smoker? Barbecue chicken recipes for those of us who want that wonderful smoke flavored, moist, tender meat, with no hassle.
Our Smoked Turkey Recipe For Your Smoker is Magic! A surefire recipe with no hassle at the grill or smoker.
Return from Cowboy Beans to Home