A Real All-American Coleslaw Recipe
You will enjoy this traditional creamy coleslaw recipe if you're tired of the pre-made, runny, store bought stuff that lacks real flavor. It's considerably cheaper, easy to make, and delicious!
All-American Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion (or our favorite, 8 scallions, chopped, include all of the green)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (cider, or white vinegar, work fine)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine the coleslaw and onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl (or blender), combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayo, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice. Thoroughly blend.
- Pour mixture over the salad, and toss lightly.
- Chill for an hour, or more.
A wonderful addition: Add 1/4 teaspoon celery seed when you apply the dressing. An "over-the-top" winner!
If you have that passion for real barbecue, we will guide you to your smoking meat success with one (or all) of our great smoker recipes!
Ribs on any backyard cooker! You are just a few sure-fire steps away from barbecue rib heaven.
You want smoked tri tip like the pros cook? Our hard-learned backyard barbecue research shows you how to reap the accolades with this secret sirloin cut!
Got a grill or smoker? Barbecue chicken recipes for those of us who love that wonderful smoke flavored, moist, tender meat, with no hassle.
Our Smoked Turkey Recipe For Your Smoker is Magic! A simple, no hassle recipe for your grill or smoker.
Return from All-American Coleslaw Recipe to Home